Share the Learning!
Frequently Asked Questions
Atomic Training provides on-demand software training and support tutorials to help businesses and organizations fulfill staff technology training and development goals. Whether you need to enhance new employee orientation, transition to updated software, train on a new application, or extend IT support, Atomic Training has the essential training needed to develop and increase technology skills, proficiency, and productivity.
Atomic Learning, the parent company of Atomic Training, has been providing high impact e-Learning solutions for over 10 years to over 16 million users in 45 countries. Atomic Learning and Atomic Training have different sets of training content to best meet the needs of the organizations they serve. Atomic Learning features content that is specific to teachers and educators, and offers educational institution subscriptions. More information is available at www.atomiclearning.com.
Atomic Training features content that is focused towards businesses and non-educational organizations. For more information on subscribing to Atomic Training contact Elise Bourdeau at email@example.com or (866)-259-6890 ext 221.
With Atomic Training you gain access to short clear and concise online software training tutorials, as well as several administrative tools. These tools include in-depth reports and the ability to assign and recommend training. Additionally you are able to manage and upload custom training materials. For more information on all of these features contact Elise Bourdeau at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866)-259-6890 ext 221
To look into subscriptions for your company or organization please contact Elise Bourdeau at email@example.com or (866) 259-6890, ext. 221.
To utilize Hoonuit resources, you will need an internet-connected device with a supported Operating System and Browser, and be able to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Internet Cookies: 3rd Party Cookies must be accepted in your selected internet browser(s)
- Bandwidth: Minimum 128 kb/s; Recommended 512 kb/s*
- Adobe Reader 9 or higher
*Hoonuit recommends that the customer has internet bandwidth speeds of 512 kilobits per second or greater. Hoonuit’s website performance may vary for the customer if the customer has any additional internet bandwidth consumption taking place.
All assessments are subject to standard Hoonuit compatibility with a supported Operating System and Browser(s), however Internet Explorer 11 is not currently supported with Atomic Training assessments. Additionally, if you wish to take our ISTE Standards•T Assessment (formerly known as NETS-T Assessment) or ISTE Standards•S Assessment (formerly known as NETS-S Assessment) you will need to install Flash 9.1 or higher on each individual computer to be used. iPad devices currently do not support Flash; therefore, iPads cannot be used to take these two assessments. Our skills assessments, which align to hard skills training, can be taken on any device that supports HTML5, including iPads.
Custom Upload Content Playback Requirements
Hoonuit allows administrative users of select packages to upload training videos, documents and training resources in a variety of formats. To support these formats, the following additional requirements must also be met:
Learning Management System (LMS) Integration Requirements:
A variety of tools are available for streamlining access to Hoonuit within your LMS system.
- Blackboard Building Block: Limited service packs are supported. See details.
- LTI Tool: Fully compatible with any LTI compliant LMS.
Use the Find an Answer to a Tech Question module:
- Log into Hoonuit.
- On the home page, click the plus [+] button to expand the module if it isn’t already.
- Enter keywords or a simple question to search for relevant tutorials.
- Use the filters below if desired. Click the Search button to see your results.
- If too many results are returned, you may modify your query terms or filter further with the dropdown menus in the left-hand column. li>
View a tutorial on Finding an Answer to a Specific Question: opens video dialog
To verify that cookies are accepted, you'll need to check your internet browser. Below are a couple examples of how to do so in popular browsers:
In Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu and choose Internet Options. Under the Privacy tab, a medium setting should be acceptable for Windows XP, 7, or 8. In Safari, go to the Safari menu and choose Preferences. Under the Privacy tab, the "Block cookies and other website data" area must be set to the "From third parties and advertisers" option.
If you are running some type of pop-up blocking software on your computer this may be the cause of your problems. Make sure that this software is not configured in such a way as to block all pop-ups. There is usually some setting that will allow pop-ups when you initiate them by clicking on a link.
Caching servers and Content Filters
Are you located in a network that employs a caching server or Content Filtering? If so, that server should be set to NOT cache the tutorials from Atomic Training. If your organization uses content filters and you experience problems with tutorials playing it may be necessary to add Atomic Training URL’s to your filter’s white list. Please contact your IT department for details—a list of URL’s is available from atomic training by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Slow access or access that fails after your first tutorial
Here are a few things you can try to solve your access problems.
- In the Tools=Internet Options area in IE - inside the Privacy Tab - move the slider bar all the way to the bottom. After you apply, the description should say something about the computer accepting all cookies. Click OK and close the browser. Re-open IE and test.
- In the same Internet Options area click on the Security Tab - then click on Internet and Custom Level. In there select "low" in the Reset To: box. Click Apply and OK. Close out IE - re-open and test.
- In the Internet Options area - under the ‘Advanced’ tab - put a Check in the "Use HTTP1.1 through proxy connections." line. (it’s about half way down) Close out - re-open - test.
With the player window closed, click My Profile & Settings at the top right of the page. Change the desired preferences and click the Save button. Close the preferences window.
View a tutorial on Setting your Preferences: opens video dialog
Questions regarding your account can be directed to email@example.com.
At this time, Atomic Training does not allow users to download tutorials onto their computer. However, because all training is online, you can access resources from any computer with an internet connection.
- The Art of Influence
- The Art of Execution
- Creating Digital Portfolios
- Decision Making
- Effective Communication
- Effective Meetings
- Goal Setting
- Listening Skills
- Interview Techniques
- Navigating Relational Conflict
- Over the Rainbow Customer Service
- Persuasion & Negotiation
- Time Management
- Writing a Winning Cover Letter